It is the vision of the Indiana University Aquatic Institute to investigate the important role that the aquatic environment plays within the context of recreation and leisure, and its contribution to quality of life. We recognize the need to develop and disseminate sound concepts through education, research, and service. The institute strives to serve as a central resource for agencies and individuals seeking knowledge and support within the aquatics community.
Our mission, as The Indiana University Aquatic Institute, will be to provide specialized leadership and direction within the State of Indiana, and on a national scale in the area of aquatics.
- Conduct relevant and applicable research that will enhance the understanding of how the aquatic environment can impact quality of life
- Contribute to the education and continuing education of aquatic specialists
- Contribute to policy creation
- Commitment on a local, national and international front
- Commitment to empowering fair and equitable access to aquatics environments
- Dedication to the academic mission of Indiana University
- Provide assistance through a communication network and resource center
- Assist and monitor public safety entities in the aquatics community
- Encompass all disciplines involved in the delivery of aquatic services
- Promote all branches of aquatic leisure and recreation delivery
- Promote the "Living Well" concept within the aquatics community